This is like looking at your climbing through a magnifying glass. With 1:1 coaching, the goal is to improve your performance based on you as an individual.
There is no cookie cutter or fast track way to success. The world’s most elite athletes have put countless hours in refining their skills and importantly, failing.
My approach is to assess and work with you as the individual that you are. Some people may catch on quickly to certain concepts and will struggle for some time with others. I believe in intentional practice and climbing with a balance between autonomy and feedback.
Working 1:1 with me is good for you if:
- You want to improve your climbing movement quality and efficiency and make hard moves feel easier
- You don’t know what’s holding your climbing back from leveling up or don’t know how to work specifically on your weaknesses
- You want to gain better awareness of how you move, how to plan your movements, and your overall biomechanics
- You want to gain smart movement tactics that help you to make less mistakes and attempts in your climbing
My process is as follows:
- Fill in the application form through the link
- I will review your application and reach out to you (via email) to set up an initial call if I think we might be a good fit
- Following the call, if we have a good fit, we will start out with a climbing movement assessment to identify your strengths, weaknesses, and areas of focus for training (video based assessment)
- I will develop a performance training plan with climbing-specific exercises and practice drills to target your individual weaknesses
- Each week you will have skills to work on, regular video analysis, and we will have calls to discuss and refine
- Regular messaging is available at any time through the app I use for video analysis
- Adaptability is key and changes to the plan and practice are made as needed
I really enjoy working with new people and helping you tap into your potential even more through coaching. The cool thing about training movement and technique is that you can always improve.
I look forward to potentially working with you.
Apply below for a coaching spot with Dr. Jazz for 8-week periods!